Kenyan Visa for Canadian Citizens
As now the traditional system of visa acquiring from the embassy of Kenya has been stopped, the whole process has been made online and the new system is widely known as the e-Visa system or electronic transport document. This process is much faster, easier, and makes fewer mistakes than the traditional process. A visa from Kenya is a must for almost every country including Canada. A Canadian citizen can apply Kenya e Visa from Canada. They would just require to fill up an online form and pay for it online
Do Canadian Citizens Require a Kenyan Visa:
The answer is yes. A Canadian citizen must be equipped with a Kenyan visa to enter the borders of Kenya legally. He must apply online for the e-Visa and bring the print of the confirmation email and present it to the immigration office to pass the port to Kenya. Also, the visa must be on the immigrant for as long as he is on the Kenyan borders and be able to show it whenever required.
The requirements of a Canadian Citizen to be able to get a Kenyan Visa:
The Canadian citizen must meet the least Kenya visa requirements set by the Kenyan government to enter its borders. The requirements are as follows:
- A passport with a validity of at least six months.
- The passport must contain at least one blank page to stamp the visa.
- A recent digital photograph that was taken no more than six months ago.
- Has to be equipped with all the travel itinerary.
- Proof of onward travel which can be a return flight ticket, scheduled before the expiry date of the visa.
- Proof of monetary support on the lands of Kenya.
- A travel plan that includes the cities to be visited.
- Credit or debit card for paying for the e-Visa.
- A printout of the visa emailed in PDF format.
Front Cover of Canada Passport:
Kenya eVisa Eligibility:
- Canada citizens can apply for a Kenya eVisa
- Canada citizens can enjoy fast entry using the Kenya eVisa program
- Here is information about Kenya Embassy in Canada Ottawa
Online Visa Type:
Get your eVisa in 3 Easy Steps
Visa Application Process for Canadian Citizens:
The e-Visa application system does not require an appointment to the embassy and can be applied from any place in the world. The process includes three small and important steps and they are as follows:
- Fill up the online form from the official travel website of the Kenyan government.
- Pay for the form online.
- Print out the confirmation form mailed to the email address provided.
Kenyan Visa for Canadian Citizens:
To enter the borders of Kenya the Canadian Citizens must complete the online form and provide their personal information, passport information, travel history, necessary documents, etc. He will have to pay for the online form through the processes mentioned on the form. After the payment is completed, the applicant is to wait for 2-3 business days for the approval of the application. The confirmation application will be emailed to the email address provided.
Validity of a Kenyan Visa for Canadians:
A Canadian citizen holding a Kenyan visa can stay in Kenyan borders for 90 consecutive days. But in case of emergency, he or she can extend this period by applying from the Immigration Headquarters of Kenya situated in Nairobi. But it can be extended only once from 90 days to 180 days (6 months).
All visa processes including visa on arrival have been discontinued in Kenya since January 1st of 2021. Citizens in Canada can no longer apply for any vias other than the e-Visa. Obtaining an e-Visa is now mandatory to enter the lands of Kenya. Since the previous systems had sided more disadvantages than advantages, the Kenyan government had concluded this decision.
Vaccinations Required to Travel to Kenya:
The Canadian citizen must be vaccinated with both doses against Covid-19 before entering Kenya. In case the Canadian citizen recently visited any area prone to Yellow fever he will have to be vaccinated against it and show the proof before entering Kenya.
Kenya Embassy and Consulate in Canada
Consulate of the Republic of Kenya in Ottawa, Canada
415 Laurier Avenue East