Kenya Visa for Philippines
The Kenyan government has introduced an electronic visa system, commonly known as the eVisa, to simplify the process for foreign travelers visiting Kenya. This system allows travelers from various countries, including the Philippines, to apply for and obtain a Kenya visa online before their departure.
This article aims to provide detailed information about the Kenya eVisa process for citizens of the Philippines, including the requirements, application process, processing time, and visa extension options.
Do I need a Kenyan eVisa to travel to Kenya from the Philippines?
Yes, Philippine citizens are required to obtain a Kenyan eVisa before traveling to Kenya. The eVisa is an electronic visa that allows travelers to enter Kenya for various purposes, including tourism, business, and medical treatment. It is a convenient and streamlined process that eliminates the need to visit an embassy or consulate in person.
Kenya online visa benefits for Philippines citizens
The Kenyan online visa system offers several benefits for citizens of the Philippines:
- Convenience: The online visa application process can be completed from the comfort of your home or office, eliminating the need for in-person visits to the embassy or consulate.
- Time-saving: The eVisa process saves valuable time as it typically has a faster processing time compared to traditional visa applications.
- Simplified application: The online application form is straightforward and user-friendly, making it easy for Filipino travelers to complete the process without any hassle.
- Quick approval: Once the application is submitted, the processing time is usually short, and applicants receive their approved eVisa via email.
Types of Kenya Visa for Philippines
There are different types of Kenyan visas available for Philippine citizens, depending on the purpose and duration of their visit. The common types of visas include:
- Single Entry Visa: This visa allows a single entry into Kenya and is suitable for travelers planning a one-time visit for tourism, business, or medical purposes.
- Transit Visa: Filipino travelers with a layover in Kenya, who do not intend to leave the international transit area of the airport, can apply for a Transit Visa. This visa allows for a stay of up to 72 hours, specifically for transit purposes.
- East Africa Tourist Visa: The East Africa Tourist Visa is an excellent option for Filipino tourists seeking to explore multiple destinations in the region. This visa permits a 90-day stay with multiple entries, enabling visitors to explore Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda. It offers the opportunity to experience the diverse attractions and cultures of these countries.
Requirements for the Kenya eVisa for Philippines Citizens
Filipino citizens applying for a Kenyan eVisa must meet the following requirements for Kenya visa:
- Valid Passport: The passport must have a minimum validity of six months beyond the intended date of entry into Kenya.
- Digital Passport Photo: A recent passport-size photograph must be uploaded during the online application process.
- Flight Itinerary: A confirmed round-trip flight itinerary or travel plans showing the intended dates of arrival and departure from Kenya.
- Accommodation Details: Proof of accommodation in Kenya, such as hotel reservations, is required.
Front Cover of Philippines Password:
Philippines eVisa Eligibility:
- Philippines citizens can apply for a kenya eVisa
- Philippines citizens can enjoy fast entry using the kenya eVisa program
- Here is information about Philippines Embassy in Kenya
Online Visa Type:
eVisa Application Process for Filipino Citizens Traveling to Kenya
If you are a citizen of the Philippines planning to visit Kenya, you will need to apply for an eVisa before your departure. The eVisa is an electronic travel authorization that allows you to enter and stay in Kenya for a specific period. Here is a detailed guide on the eVisa application process for Filipino citizens:
- Determine the type of eVisa: Kenya offers different types of eVisas depending on the purpose of your visit. The most common types include the tourist eVisa, business eVisa, and transit eVisa. Determine which category best suits your travel purpose.
- Gather the required documents: Before starting the application process, ensure you have the necessary documents ready. Typically, you will need:
- A valid Philippine passport with at least six months of validity remaining from the date of entry.
- A digital passport-sized photograph.
- Flight itinerary or reservation details.
- Proof of accommodation in Kenya, such as hotel bookings or an invitation letter if staying with a host.
- Supporting documents specific to the type of eVisa you are applying for (e.g., business invitation letter, conference registration, etc.).
- Fill out the application form: Provide accurate and complete information in the onlineKenya visa application form. You will need to enter personal details, passport information, travel dates, and other relevant information. Double-check the form before submitting to avoid any errors.
- Pay the eVisa processing fee: The eVisa processing fee for Filipino citizens will vary depending on the type of Kenya eVisa fee you are applying for and the duration of your stay. The payment is usually made online using a credit or debit card. Keep a record of the payment confirmation for future reference.
- Submit your application: After completing the form and payment, submit your eVisa application. Once submitted, you will receive an email confirmation with a reference number. It is crucial to save this reference number as you may need it for tracking and future inquiries.
- Await eVisa approval: The processing time for Kenya eVisas can vary, but it typically takes between two to seven working days. During this period, your application will be reviewed by the Kenyan immigration authorities. You can track the status of your application using the reference number provided.
- Receive your eVisa: Once your eVisa application is approved, you will receive the eVisa document via email. Print a copy of the eVisa and keep it with you while traveling to Kenya. The eVisa will be electronically linked to your passport, but it is advisable to have a physical copy as well.
Kenya online visa processing time for Philippines travelers
The processing time for Kenya eVisas typically takes between two to Four working days for Filipino citizens to receive their eVisa approval.
To ensure a smooth application process, it is recommended to apply for the eVisa well in advance of your intended travel date. This will allow sufficient time for processing and any unforeseen delays.
Kenya Welcomes Philippine Citizens with eVisa for Hassle-free Travel
Kenya warmly welcomes Philippine citizens and encourages them to explore its diverse landscapes, wildlife, and cultural heritage. The introduction of the eVisa system has made it easier for Philippines travelers to obtain a visa for their Kenyan journey. The eVisa streamlines the application process, saving time and effort.
To apply for a Kenya eVisa as a Philippines citizen, you can visit the official Kenya eVisa website and complete the online application form. It is important to fill in all the required fields accurately and provide the necessary supporting documents, such as a valid passport and a recent passport-sized photograph.
The Kenya eVisa is available for various purposes, including tourism, business, and medical visits. You can select the appropriate visa category based on the nature of your travel. The eVisa allows you to stay in Kenya for a maximum duration of 90 days per entry, depending on the type of visa you choose.
Philippines travelers extending their stay in Kenya
If you are a Philippines traveler and wish to extend your stay in Kenya beyond the duration allowed by your eVisa, you can apply for an extension at the Kenyan immigration offices. It is important to initiate the Kenya visa extension process before your current eVisa expires.
To extend your stay, you will need to visit the nearest immigration office and submit the required documents, including a completed application form, your original passport, and proof of your travel itinerary or valid reasons for extension. The immigration authorities will review your application and may grant an extension based on their discretion.
Yes, citizens of the Philippines are eligible to apply for a Kenya eVisa.
To apply for a Kenya eVisa, Philippines citizens need to visit the Kenya eVisa website and complete the online application form. They will need to provide personal details, passport information, travel plans, and other relevant information. Additionally, they may be required to upload supporting documents such as a scanned copy of their passport bio page, a recent passport-sized photograph, and a travel itinerary.
The processing time for a Kenya eVisa can vary, but it usually takes around 2-4 business days. It is recommended to apply well in advance of the intended travel date to allow for any unforeseen delays.
With a Kenya eVisa, Philippines citizens are typically allowed to stay in Kenya for a maximum period of 90 days per visit.
It is possible to apply for a visa extension while in Kenya, but it is subject to approval by the Kenyan Department of Immigration Services. It is advisable to contact the department directly or consult with an immigration attorney for detailed information on the extension process.
The cost of a Kenya eVisa for Philippines citizens can vary depending on the type of eVisa. The following are the current fees:
- Single-entry tourist visa: $55
- Multiple-entry tourist visa: $109
- Transit visa: $22
Please note that these fees are subject to change. It is always best to check the Kenya eVisa website for the most up-to-date pricing information.