Kenya Visa for Taiwan
Traveling to Kenya has become easier for Taiwan citizens with the introduction of the Kenya eVisa system. The eVisa allows Taiwanese travelers to apply for and obtain their visa online, eliminating the need for visiting the embassy or consulate in person. In this guide, we will provide a step-by-step overview of the process, including requirements, processing time, and post-visa procedures.This article will provide detailed information on the Kenya eVisa process for Taiwan citizens, including visa requirements, processing time, and visa validity.
What Is the Kenya eVisa for Taiwan and How Does It Work?
Kenya has implemented an electronic visa (eVisa) system to facilitate the travel of foreign visitors, including Taiwanese citizens. The Kenya eVisa is an online visa that allows travelers to apply for their visa in advance and obtain it electronically, eliminating the need for traditional paper-based visa applications.
Does Taiwan need a visa for Kenya?
Yes, Taiwanese citizens require a visa to travel to Kenya. Previously, Taiwan was eligible for visa on arrival, but the introduction of the Kenya eVisa system now requires Taiwanese travelers to obtain an eVisa before their departure.
Visa Validity for Taiwanese Citizens Traveling to Kenya
Taiwanese citizens traveling to Kenya have the following visa options:
- Single Entry Visa: Allows a maximum stay of 90 days for tourism, business, or other purposes. Re-entry into Kenya is not permitted.
- Transit Visa: For layovers within the airport's international transit area, allowing a stay of up to 72 hours.
- East Africa Tourist Visa: Ideal for exploring Kenya, Uganda, and Rwanda. Allows a maximum stay of 90 days with multiple entries, facilitating travel between these three countries.
It's important for Taiwanese citizens to carefully review the validity and conditions of each visa type before applying.
Applying for a Kenyan eVisa from Taiwan: A Step-by-Step Guide
To apply for a Kenya eVisa as a Taiwan citizen, follow these steps:
- Complete the application form: Fill out the online Kenya visa application form accurately and thoroughly. Double-check all the information you provide to avoid any mistakes or discrepancies.
- Upload supporting documents: The Kenya eVisa requires certain supporting documents, including a scanned copy of your passport bio-data page, a recent passport-sized photograph, and your travel itinerary.
- Pay the visa fee: Proceed to pay the visa processing fee using the available online payment options. The Kenya visa fees may vary depending on the type of visa and duration of stay.
- Submit your application: After completing the payment, submit your application online. Take note of the application reference number provided, as you will need it for tracking your application status.
- Wait for processing: The Kenyan authorities will review your application and supporting documents. The processing time can vary, but it is generally completed within a few business days.
- Check your email: Once your eVisa is approved, you will receive an email notification with an attached eVisa document. Download and print the eVisa document as you will need to present it upon arrival in Kenya.
Kenya eVisa extension for Taiwan visitors
The Kenya eVisa allows Taiwanese travelers to stay in Kenya for a maximum duration of 90 days per visit. If you wish to extend your stay beyond the initial 90 days, you must apply for a visa extension through the Kenyan immigration authorities. It is important to apply for an Kenya visa extension before your visa expires to avoid any legal complications.
To apply for a visa extension, visit the nearest immigration office in Kenya and submit the necessary documents, including a completed application form, a valid passport, proof of financial means to support your extended stay, and a letter explaining the reason for your extension. The immigration authorities will review your application and determine the duration of the extension based on your circumstances.
What Are the Kenya eVisa Requirements for Taiwan?
To apply for a Kenya eVisa as a citizen of Taiwan, you need to meet certain requirements. These requirements for Kenya visa:
- Passport: You must have a valid passport issued by the Taiwanese government. The passport should have a remaining validity of at least six months from the date of entry into Kenya.
- Digital Photo: You will need to provide a recent digital passport-sized photograph. The photo should meet the specifications set by the Kenyan immigration authorities.
- Flight Itinerary: You will need to provide a copy of your round-trip flight itinerary or a confirmed reservation showing your entry into and departure from Kenya.
- Hotel Reservations or Invitation Letter: You may be required to present hotel reservations for the duration of your stay in Kenya. Alternatively, if you have been invited by a host in Kenya, you will need to provide an invitation letter from your host.
- Proof of Sufficient Funds: You must demonstrate that you have sufficient funds to cover your expenses during your stay in Kenya. This can be in the form of bank statements or other financial documents.
Front Cover of Taiwan Passport:
Taiwan eVisa Eligibility:
- Taiwan citizens can apply for a kenya eVisa
- Taiwan citizens can enjoy fast entry using the kenya eVisa program
- Here is information about Taiwan Embassy in Kenya
Online Visa Type:
Kenya eVisa’s processing time for Taiwan
The processing time for a Kenya eVisa for citizens of Taiwan typically takes around one to four business days. However, it is advisable to apply well in advance of your intended travel date to allow for any unforeseen delays or additional processing requirements.
What to do after receiving the Kenya eVisa for Taiwan?
Once you receive your approved Kenya eVisa, you should take the following steps:
- Print Your eVisa: It is recommended to print a copy of your approved eVisa. While it is an electronic authorization, having a physical copy can be useful during your journey.
- Travel with Required Documents: Make sure to carry your valid passport, the printed copy of your eVisa, and any other supporting documents (such as flight itinerary, hotel reservations, and invitation letter) with you when traveling to Kenya.
- Border Control and Immigration: Upon arrival in Kenya, proceed to the designated immigration counter. Present your passport and printed eVisa to the immigration officer for verification.
- Duration of Stay: The Kenya eVisa for Taiwan citizens allows for a maximum stay of 90 days per entry. Ensure that your departure from Kenya takes place within the authorized duration of stay.
It is important to note that the Kenya eVisa is a single-entry visa, which means that if you plan to leave Kenya and re-enter the country, you will need to apply for a new eVisa.
By following these guidelines, Taiwan citizens can enjoy a seamless travel experience to Kenya with the convenience of the eVisa system.
Yes, citizens of Taiwan are eligible to apply for an eVisa to visit Kenya.
The processing time for a Kenya eVisa for citizens of Taiwan can vary. Generally, it takes around 4 working days for the eVisa to be processed. However, it's recommended to apply well in advance of your intended travel dates to allow for any unforeseen delays.
A Kenya eVisa for citizens of Taiwan is typically valid for a period of 90 days from the date of issue. It allows for a single entry into Kenya within that period.
It may be possible to extend your stay in Kenya beyond the validity of the eVisa. However, this process is usually handled by the Kenyan Department of Immigration and requires additional documentation and fees.
Citizens of Taiwan were required to obtain an eVisa prior to their arrival in Kenya. Visa on arrival services may not be available for Taiwanese citizens. However, it's always best to check with the official eVisa website or the Kenyan embassy/consulate for the most up-to-date information regarding visa application processes.